Are you dreaming of a romantic, laidback holiday in France? Have you been thinking of how to spend 7 days in the iconic country, exploring castles and winding through picturesque regions? You’ve come to the right place! Here is an ultimate itinerary to ensure that your dream holiday comes true.
With this seven-day tour, you will be able to glimpse some of the most exciting places in France. From awe-inspiring monuments and remarkable cultural legacy to a captivating countryside atmosphere – this travel moment will certainly not disappoint. So if you are ready for an unforgettable experience rich with history and artistry, stick around as we take you on a journey across one of Europe’s prime destinations.
Here’s a possible 7-day itinerary for a trip to France:
Day 1: Paris
- Arrive in Paris and check into your hotel
- Spend the day exploring the city, and visiting iconic landmarks such as the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Louvre Museum.
Day 2: Paris
- Continue exploring Paris, taking a stroll through the charming neighborhoods of Montmartre and the Marais, and visiting the Orsay Museum or the Pompidou Center.
Day 3: Versailles and Giverny
- Take a day trip to the Palace of Versailles, where you can admire the opulent interiors and sprawling gardens of the former royal residence.
- Afterward, visit the village of Giverny, where the famous painter Claude Monet lived and worked.
Day 4: Lyon
- Take a train to Lyon, a city known for its rich culinary heritage and historic architecture.
- Explore the old town, the Fourvière Basilica, and the Croix-Rousse neighborhood, and sample some of the city’s famous cuisine.
Day 5: Lyon and Avignon
- Spend the morning in Lyon, taking in some of the sights you missed the day before.
- In the afternoon, take a train to Avignon, a charming medieval town famous for its Papal Palace and bridge.
Day 6: Avignon and Aix-en-Provence
- Visit the Papal Palace and explore the charming streets of Avignon in the morning.
- In the afternoon, take a train to Aix-en-Provence, a vibrant university town known for its lively markets and artistic heritage.
Day 7: Aix-en-Provence and Marseille
- Spend the morning exploring Aix-en-Provence, taking in the lively atmosphere, and visiting the famous Cours Mirabeau.
- In the afternoon, take a train to Marseille, a bustling port city with a rich history and cultural scene.
- Visit the Vieux Port, the Notre-Dame de la Garde basilica, and the MuCEM museum, before departing for your next destination.
Note that this itinerary is just one suggestion, and there are many other wonderful places to visit in France depending on your interests and preferences.